Who are we?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
What will you do?
The SOC Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role that requires a willingness to learn a variety of engineering tools. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively persuade and influence business functions and technical teams. The candidate will receive training on various technology stacks such as Jira, Exalate, Microsoft Sentinel, and Elastic, and will become a subject matter expert to assist the NVISO Fusion Center in operations.
The successful SOC Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for defining health workflows and procedures and serving as a technical security subject matter expert to protect customer environments. The candidate will also receive training in various solutions to ensure the continuity of the MDR service. The SOC Infrastructure Engineer will work with the SOAR Engineering team to leverage automations and automated workflows to accomplish tasks. It is preferred that the candidate has experience in Python or Powershell. This position offers an opportunity for growth and development in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Maintaining, configuring and improving the Jira environment at NVISO
- Map, Analyse and improve the business processes supported by Jira in the NVISO SOC
- Support the ITSM tool sync operation with NVISO customers
- Troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with clients and vendors, and report system defects where appropriate
- Perform Health Checks and Architectural Reviews
- Supporting clients with maintenance, configuration and improvements of EDR solution deployments
- Attend meetings and conferences for business and professional development
- Be responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies
- Assist with designing and documenting processes within the SOC
- Maintain Elastic Cloud Clusters and report back on data ingestions and costs
- Are you eligible for NATO CLEARANCE (see HERE for more information)
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Jira Administrator
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer
- Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics (or equivalent work experience)
What do we offer
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- A training budget of 10 days (with expenses up to 10.000 € covered) every 2 years;
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc);
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years;
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities;
- Working Abroad Option;
- Meal Vouchers;
- Reimbursement of homeoffice set up;
- You statutory leave plus 5 additional days.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR APPLICATION!
WE’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!