Who are we?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
What will you do?
You have a strong interest in cyber security and believe the following to be applicable to you?
This is a position where you will offer your hands-on experience to customers with varying needs. You best already had your time to learn a variety of engineering tools and not only have an understanding of a number of security domains such as SOC Monitoring, Analysis and Vulnerability Management but also have worked in security operations as an Analyst and therefore know the daily challenges. You must also have the communication and interpersonal skills required to understand requirements and needs and be willing to put them into a structured form. You will be trained in a variety of best of breed solutions as well learn the best techniques to support and manage customer needs. So you will become a subject matter expert that can not only work as a SOC Architect but many other more Senior cyber security roles.
The SOC Professional Service Consultant will become an expert to help build out and define security solutions and work as a technical security subject matter expert to protect customer environments. As a successful colleague, you will be trained in:
- Writing Playbooks and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) in a modular, well-maintainable and actionable way
- Creating processes and strategy documents for SOC Services as well as SIEM setups
- Creating Log on-boarding strategies that confirm regulatory requirements
- Analyzing reports of security events and incidents to identify potential issues in the configuration or disregarding of current infrastructure elements and policies
- Transport and illustrate technical information to management
The SOC Professional Service Consultant will deploy and customize the aforementioned solutions as well as receive client requests for customization and assistance.
As a SOC Professional Service Consultant, you will :
- Plan and manage the onboarding of new log sources, troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with clients and vendors, and report system defects where appropriate
- Create playbooks, SOPs, process documents as well as any document to derive services in a SOC in a regulated environment
- Perform Architectural Reviews and identify improvement recommendations
- Manage product enhancement / feature requests with vendors as needed
- Perform technical account management duties for specific top-tier, strategic clients
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development
- Be responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies
- 2+ years’ experience as a SOC Analyst
- Preferably 1 year of experience configuring related detection/collection devices like IDS, FW, AV, EDR, SIEM
- Advanced information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products, SIEM, SOAR
- Knowledge of one or more of the following security technologies from vendors such as Microsoft, Palo Alto Cortex, Elastic, CrowdStrike
- Good technical understanding of IT infrastructure and networks
- English Professional proficiency
- You are eligible for a NATO clearance. (see HERE for more information)
- Being able to work independently, keep track of your priorities
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment across the entire company
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written; Dutch and / or French is a plus
- Positive, team and mission-oriented attitude
- Ability to prepare and present your work to your colleagues
- Team player who works well under the occasional moments of pressure
What do we offer
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc)
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Flex Reward Plan
- 32 holidays