Who are we?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
What will you do?
To optimally assist SOCs in their security journey, we created a multitude of security controls relating to the three stages of our security strategy. Basic Cyber Hygiene is further categorized in having basic visibility, basic protection and basic “detect and respond”.
Your job will be to design those security controls in close cooperation with other team members, divisional and national SOC IT and Digital Security experts. Practically you will be involved in the following activities:
· Improve and develop the assessment vehicles
· Work out how a Security Product/Solution needs to be implemented in a SOC and document the procedure so it can be repeated in multiple SOCs
· Establish a set of security configuration templates so it can be reused in SOCs
· Assess the security state of a SOC
Expertise and experience – Technical skills
- 2-3 years of infrastructure & network support experience and operational excellence.
- Experience with Operating Systems, database, virtual & cloud environments and networks.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation.
- Experience with systems administration, configuration and troubleshooting;.
- Experience designing and maintaining diverse and highly available distributed services.
- Strong knowledge of the English Language, written and spoken. Other languages are a plus.
- Experience with enterprise architecture is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing like AWS or Azure is a plus.
Expertise and experience – Human skills
- Excellent skills to draft and write (technical) documents (processes, procedures, design).
- Good at explaining the practices, tools and solutions we develop in the SOC program to our SOC IT colleagues in both written and verbal form.
- Experience of working in large always on IT environments where the candidate has played a central role.
- An infectious, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Team player who is customer friendly and mission focused.
- Experience with developing guidelines for best practices for a 24/7 mission critical IT environment.
- Eligible for NATO clearance.
What do we offer
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- A training budget of 10.000€ and 10 days every 2 years
- Company car and Belgian fuel card
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc)
- An entrepreneurial and agile working environment, where you will be challenged, stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai, Malta and Lapland over the past few years;
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours, working from home and even the possibility to work from abroad;
- Flex Income Plan
- 32 paid leave days
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR APPLICATION!
WE’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!