WHO ARE WE?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This is a hands-on position, candidates must be willing to learn a variety of engineering tools and have an understanding of a number of security domains such as SOC Monitoring and Analysis. The candidates must also have the communication and interpersonal skills required to persuade and influence business functions and technical teams.
The Fusion Center engineer will become an expert to help build out and define security solutions and work as a technical security subject matter expert to protect customer environments. The successful candidate will be trained in:
- Systems architecture and design
- Log forwarding tools and processes
- Parsing and processing of security-related information
- Automation capabilities
- SIEM functionality
Tools to use:
Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat, Elastic Agent, Data Streams, Ingest Pipelines, Fleet Management.
The Elastic Engineer will deploy and tune the aforementioned solutions as well as receive client requests for tuning and assistance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, deploying, maintaining, configuring and upgrading SIEM deployments for managed detection clients.
- Designing target data models for log parsing & processing in collaboration with Detection Engineering team.
- Onboard new log sources, troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with clients and vendors, and report system defects where appropriate.
- Create rules for compliance and audit requirements and create and manage Watch Lists for current threats.
- Create custom rules/rule modifications and custom reports/ report modifications as needed.
- Perform formal Health Checks and Architectural Reviews.
- Manage product enhancement / feature requests with vendors as needed.
- Perform technical account management duties for specific top-tier, strategic clients.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Be responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Assist with designing and documenting processes within the SOC.
- Maintain Elastic Cloud Clusters and report back on data ingestion and costs.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics (or equivalent work experience)
- 0 - 3 years of professional experience
You are eligible for a NATO clearance. (see HERE for more information)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc)
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours, home office possibilities and working from abroad
- An attractive training budget and tailored coaching concepts
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Reimbursement of home office setup
- Statutory leave plus 5 additional leave days by NVISO
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR APPLICATION: HERE
WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET YOU!