WHO ARE WE?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a SOC analyst in Greece (remote / Athens), your daily activities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments;
- Monitor and analyze emerging threats, vulnerabilities and exploits;
- Triage, assess, and analyze security incidents related to e.g. phishing and malware;
- Participate in incident management calls and coordinate response, triage, recovery, and reporting of incidents;
- Security process improvement;
- Assist with tuning, hardening and improvement of the existing security rules and policies.
- You bring experience working in one or more of the following areas: Email Security, Network Security, Intrusion Detection Systems, Threat Intelligence, Threat Detection;
- You understand networking and core internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL) and have experience in analyzing malicious network traffic;
- You have hands-on experience with the large scale analysis of log data using SIEM and/or SOAR products and tools, as well as a basic understanding of security automation (SOAR) principles;
- You possess excellent communication skills and proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders such as engineering/operations teams, internal business units, external incident response teams and clients throughout the incident lifecycle;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are eligible for a NATO clearance. (see HERE for more information).
- Experience analyzing large data sets for threat hunting;
- Experience with host/memory based forensics and detections;
- Knowledge of defensive security concepts, e.g. the MITRE ATT&CK framework;
- Ability to keep existing runbooks up to date and creating new runbooks to improve processes or coverage;
- Experience with analyzing network traffic, endpoint indicators, IOCs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc);
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years;
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Home office option;
- Statutory leave plus 5 additional leave days by NVISO;
- Home Office Set Up budget.