WHO ARE WE?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
So what does this mean in practice? What do you actually do?
- Defining the overall cyber security strategy (e.g. building out and delivering an awareness program)
- Offensive security services such as red teaming and penetration testing
- Building and securing cloud-native architectures
- Emergency support such as incident response / forensics when organizations are breached
- Managed services such as Managed Detection & Response and Vulnerability Management
- Highly tailored / niche cyber security work in for example ICS environments
The list is not exhaustive and our very own NVISO Labs is continuously investigating new possible services or new ways to tackle the rapidly changing problems in cyber security!
As a proudly European company, we currently have offices in Belgium (Brussels) and Germany (Frankfurt and Munich). Technically, we are present in many more towns and cities, as our people often work from home too.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You have a strong interest in cyber security and believe the following to be applicable to you?
This is a hands-on position, you must be willing to learn a variety of engineering tools and have an understanding of a number of security domains such as SOC Monitoring, Analysis and Vulnerability Management. You must also have the communication and interpersonal skills required to persuade and influence business functions and technical teams. You will be trained in a variety of best of breed solutions. So you will become a subject matter expert and assist the NITRO Fusion Center in operations.
The Fusion Center engineer will become an expert to help build out and define security solutions and work as a technical security subject matter expert to protect customer environments. As a successful colleague, you will be trained in at least two of the following solutions to start:
- Azure Sentinel
Endpoint Detection and Response
- Carbon Black
- Cortex XDR
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Cloud Access Security Broker
- Prisma Cloud
Vulnerability Management Solutions
After a certain level of skill is gained at least two solutions, the SOC Engineer will expand their skill set to additional solutions. The SOC Engineer will deploy and tune the aforementioned solutions as well as receive client requests for tuning and assistance.
As a SOC Engineer, you will :
- Maintaining, configuring and upgrading SIEM deployments for managed detection clients
- Onboard new log sources, troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with clients and vendors, and report system defects where appropriate
- Create rules for compliance and audit requirements and create and manage Watch Lists for current threats
- Create custom rules/rule modifications and custom reports/ report modifications as needed
- Perform formal Health Checks and Architectural Reviews
- Supporting clients with maintenance, configuration and improvements of EDR solution deployments
- Manage product enhancement / feature requests with vendors as needed
- Perform technical account management duties for specific top-tier, strategic clients
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development
- Be responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies
- Assist with designing and documenting processes within the SOC
- 3+ years’ experience managing and maintaining a unix/cloud-based environment
- Preferably 1 year of experience performing these tasks in a SIEM environment
- Advanced information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products, SIEM, SOAR
- Knowledge of one or more of the following security technologies from vendors such as Microsoft, Palo Alto Cortex, Elastic, CrowdStrike
- Good technical understanding of IT infrastructure and networks
- Experience on Linux admin, Shell scripting, Python scripting, PowerShell scripting
- Are you eligible for NATO CLEARANCE? (see HERE for more information)
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc)
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Flex Reward Plan
- 32 holidays