NVISO is a pure-play cyber-security consulting firm: our team is composed of security professionals who each have their specific field of expertise, ranging from Information Security Governance, Risk & Compliance to Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Software Security and Training & Awareness. This blend of skills enables us to help organizations prevent, detect and respond to complex security challenges.
NVISO is also known as a Belgian Cyber Security company: through our active investment in Research & Development and partnerships with Belgian academic players we are investigating emerging threats and trends, refining our techniques and developing innovative products that make NVISO a unique player in the market.
Our team is built on the values of Pride in What We Do, Breaking Barriers, We Care and No BS, which neatly tie into our mission to be an innovative, trusted and respected security partner for our clients. And we are looking for new colleagues who are as enthusiastic about these values as we are! So come and join us!
NVISO Labs is the research leg of NVISO – our mission within the Labs team is to enable innovation across the entire company to ensure we stay on top of our game; innovating the things we do, the technology we use and the way we work form an essential part of this. As a software Engineer in the NVISO Labs team, you will be full-time involved in innovation activities happening across the company to help make our mission for innovation a reality.
Projects you work on will be related to the development of new services and products, and on improving and optimizing our existing offering. To ensure our research activities are relevant, exploratory activities including market studies and research on competing products and services will be part of what you do, too.
Depending on your own interests, strengths and past experience, your tasks will be focused around a subset of the following activities:
- Perform technical exploratory innovation activities (develop a technology prototype, running a Proof-of-Concept in collaboration with our customers, evaluate commercial products, etc.)
- Design, write, test and document software for use in cutting-edge security products & tools developed in NVISO Labs;
- Gather market insights on existing security products & services (attend conferences and events, talk to our different teams, etc.) to communicate this information to the different service lines, as input to their innovation roadmap.
You have a strong interest in the field of IT security and believe the following to be applicable to you:
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience;
- Experience working in the field of Cyber Security (as an engineer or consultant for example);
- The ability to obtain a BE/EU/NATO clearance.
- Being able to work independently, keep track of your priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment across the entire company;
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written; Dutch and / or French is a plus;
- Positive, team and mission-oriented attitude;
- Ability to prepare and present your work to your colleagues;
- Team player who works well under the occasional moments of pressure;
- Understanding of fundamental software & infrastructure design principles;
- Strong testing, troubleshooting and debugging skills;
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (git);
- Strong understanding of UNIX systems is a plus;
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Previous experience working in an R&D/Innovation team is a plus;
- Familiarity infrastructure / automation / orchestration technology is a plus (Terraform, Ansible, .etc.);
- Involvement in the community (e.g. OWASP, Cyber Security Challenge, BruCON, SANS…) is a plus.
We strongly believe your motivation is the key to success in our line of work. For this reason, we are committed to offering you an attractive package including financial and non-financial components:
- A highly competitive salary and interesting perks;
- A very attractive training budget, with great flexibility for choosing trainings as long as they contribute to your personal development;
- An entrepreneurial and agile environment, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (both internally in driving the organization or externally in our service offering);
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow.
Then don't wait a minute and send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!