NVISO was founded by a group of security professionals with a proven track record of working in the Cyber Security industry. Each security professional has a specific field of expertise, ranging from security governance and risk management to incident response, security testing and security research. This unique "skills blend" allows us to analyse and respond to complex client challenges and help companies to prevent, detect and respond to security challenges with a positive business outcome. Built on values of Entrepreneurship, Commitment, Integrity, Client-Orientation and Respect our mission is to be an innovative and trusted security partner for our clients. For additional information, please don’t hesitate to visit www.nviso.be.
Our team is built on the values of Entrepreneurship, Commitment, Integrity, Client-Orientation and Respect, which neatly ties into our mission to be an innovative, trusted and respected security partner for our clients. And we are looking for new colleagues that are as enthusiastic about these values as we are! So come and join us!
As an Application Security Consultant, you assist clients in creating a more secure development process, you actively coach developers in secure coding and help implement security concepts into the development lifecycle. Using your knowledge of security, you will help creating more secure applications.
Projects you will work on will consist of:
- Implementing security controls inside of the development process, in order to increase the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle's at our client's.
- Presenting your roadmap to increase the maturity of our client's software development practice;
- Providing hands-on training on secure development concepts and secure coding to developers of various coding languages;
- Scope, Execute & Plan assessment type of projects including
- Threat modeling
- Architecture Reviews (software based)
- Maturity Assessments (SAMM, DSOMM,...)
- Securing the development pipeline
- Source code reviews (if interested)
- Penetration testing (if interested)
You have a strong interest in the field of IT security and believe the following to be applicable to you:
- Knowledge of development frameworks, application architectures and authentication systems (OpenID, oAUTH, ...)
- a deep understanding of development practices, preferably with some hands-on experience in coding yourself;
- Experience using build tools (e.g. Jenkins, TFS, maven,...)
- Strong knowledge of secure development lifecycle (SDLC) and practical implementation, requirements gathering and test planning, software architecture and secure coding.
- Hand-on experience with tooling to secure the development pipeline (SAST, DAST, ...)
- The ability to credibly talk to (top)-management in a convincing manner on security in software development.
- Experience providing software architecture security guidance, including developing application threat models and methodically protecting against business logic and design flaws that could introduce security vulnerabilities.
- Positive, team and mission-oriented attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written; Dutch and / or French is a plus;
- You are ambitious and want to help clients;
- You are willing to learn and become a better version of yourself, everyday;
- Team player who works well under pressure;
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to obtain a BE/EU/NATO clearance.
At NVISO, we care. We care for our people above all. We help our people in becoming a better version of themselves, both professionally and personally we will help you grow. We care about sharing our deep technical knowledge to the entire team in a start-up mentality and are committed to offer an excellent work environment for our people in ever changing times. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive salary including financial and non-financial components:
- Company Car;
- Phone & subscription;
- Health & group insurance
- A yearly training budget, with great flexibility for choosing trainings as long as they contribute to your personal development;
- Working and learning from the best people in the cyber security industry in Belgium. We have two SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, etc) and all of our technical staff must acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc);
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either internally in driving the organization or externally in our service offering), without losing sight of having fun;
- The regular team-building and fun events;
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, who's sole role is to ensure the well-being of you and ensures you are planned on projects of your own liking
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Send your application (cover letter and curriculum vitae) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org!