Already experienced in the world of cyber security? New to it all, but genuinely interested? Well, at NVISO we might be looking for you and we’d love to have a chat!
Who are we?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
So what does this mean in practice? What do we actually do?
- Defining the overall cyber security strategy (e.g. building out and delivering an awareness program)
- Offensive security services such as red teaming and penetration testing
- Building and securing cloud-native architectures
- Emergency support such as incident response / forensics when organizations are breached
- Managed services such as Managed Detection & Response and Vulnerability Management
- Highly tailored / niche cyber security work in for example ICS environments
The list is not exhaustive and our very own NVISO Labs is continuously investigating new possible services or new ways to tackle the rapidly changing problems in cyber security!
As a proudly European company, we currently have offices in Belgium (Brussels), Germany (Frankfurt and Munich) and Greece (Athens). Technically, we are present in many more towns and cities, as our people often work from home too.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
What will you do?
You have a strong interest in cyber security and believe the following to be applicable to you?
As a Cyber Strategy consultant in Culture, you will assist our smaller and larger customers with the overall reinforcement of their security posture. Typical engagements include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Develop, maintain and improve processes, procedures and documentation related to security detection, response and incident management in concordance with group policies.
- Help maintain central understanding of the organization’s security detection capability across a heterogeneous IT landscape (e.g. which SIEM use cases, covering which platforms/resources, what logging, alerting, etc).
- Conduct analyses to check exhaustive coverage of all security-critical services and applications in the IT landscape, identify gaps and propose improvements.
- Help maintain central understanding of the organization’s security response capability across all security detection inputs/channels (e.g. playbooks/procedures for SIEM use case alerts, etc).
- Conduct analyses to check effectiveness of security response capability, identify gaps and propose improvements in the processes and structure.
- Closely collaborate with infrastructure and security operations teams to obtain up-to-date information on security detection related configurations (e.g. CMDB, SIEM configuration, EDR config, Azure/AWS alert configuration, etc) and security response related information (e.g. security incident tickets).
- Support/Implement increase of the security detection & response capability in new environments (e.g. moving the IT landscape to the cloud).
- Perform deep dive analysis to identify recurrent improvement actions, ensure that the security incidents are managed according to the adequate procedures.
- Measure and analyse key performance indicators (KPI) related to security incident management and propose improvement improvements where needed.
- Participate to governance of several topics related to IT and information security.
- Ensure the security operations teams know where to find appropriate documentation and provide guidance and training on security topics if necessary.
- Provide regular reporting on the current status of the security incident management performance and evolution to the Chief Security Officer.
Eligible for NATO CLEARANCE (see HERE for more information)
Knowledge and understanding of incident management and incident response processes and ticketing tools.
Knowledge and understanding of security related tools (SIEM, SOAR, EDR, AV, Proxy, FW, DLP,… )
Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x
Strong analytical skills to analyse security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
An understanding of operating system internals and network protocols.
Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Ability to manage multiple projects, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc)
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun!
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Flex Reward Plan
- 32 holidays