(Junior) Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Are you already experienced in the world of security or at least you have a strong interest in working for a cyber security company? Do you want to become part of an international fast growing tech company? At NVISO you have the opportunity and we look forward to getting to know you!
WHO ARE WE?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You have a strong interest in cyber security and believe the following to be applicable to you?
As a (Junior) Software Engineer (m/w/d) based in Germany or Austria, you will depending on your own interests, strengths and past experience focusing on:
- Perform technical exploratory innovation activities (develop a technology prototype, running a Proof-of-Concept in collaboration with our customers, evaluate commercial products, etc.)
- Design, write, test and document software for use in cutting-edge security products & tools developed in NVISO Labs
- Gather market insights on existing security products & services (attend conferences and events, talk to our different teams, etc.) to communicate this information to the different service lines, as input to their innovation roadmap
- At least 1-2 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience working in the field of Cyber Security (as an engineer or consultant for example)
- You are eligible for a NATO clearance. (see HERE for more information)
- Being able to work independently, keep track of your priorities
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment across the entire company
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written; Dutch and / or French is a plus
- Positive, team and mission-oriented attitude
- Ability to prepare and present your work to your colleagues
- Team player who works well under the occasional moments of pressure
- Understanding of fundamental software & infrastructure design principles
- Strong testing, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (git)
- Strong understanding of UNIX systems is a plus
- Basic knowledge of secure software design
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Previous experience working in an R&D/Innovation team is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Familiarity infrastructure / automation / orchestration technology is a plus (Terraform, Ansible, .etc.)
- Involvement in the community (e.g. OWASP, Cyber Security Challenge, BruCON, SANS…) is a plus
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
- Working and learning from the best people in the European cyber security industry. We have multiple SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, OWASP, etc) and all of our technical staff can acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc);
- Generous training budget + 10 man days for attending lectures rolling over 2 years;
- Support for technical growth with Cloud trainings + certifications (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years;
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career!
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities (incl. working abroad weeks);
- BahnCard 50 1st class + public transfer ticket;
- 30 holidays;
- Cool offices in the center of Frankfurt, Munich and Vienna(with BBQ, kicker table, table tennis, playstations, etc.).