NVISO is a pure-play cyber security consulting firm: our team is composed of security professionals who each have their specific field of expertise, ranging from Information Security Governance, Risk & Compliance to Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Software Security and Training & Awareness. This fantastic blend of skills enables us to help organizations prevent, detect, and respond to complex security challenges.
NVISO is also known as a Belgian Cyber Security start-up: through our active investment in Research & Development and partnerships with Belgian academic players, we are investigating emerging threats and trends, refining our techniques, and developing innovative products that make NVISO a unique player in the market.
To strengthen our Forensic team, we are seeking Senior Incident Response Consultants with strong technical skills and the ability to work in teams, to communicate with clients, and to deliver high-quality analysis and deliverables.
The candidate will be responsible of:
- Conducting analysis on end-user and server-based systems in large- and small-scale environments;
- Log analysis of a multitude of different sources including host and network devices;
- Malware analysis;
- Analyzing and correlating log data, malicious software behaviour, system state changes, and other information across multiple systems to forensically reconstruct malicious activity and impacts;
- Networking environments, architecture and information security;
- Network packet capture and analysis;
- Recovering deleted files, reconstructing Internet history, using GREP search techniques, analysing metadata, carving unallocated clusters, analysing registry files, imaging files from servers and RAID arrays, and similar forensic techniques;
- Researching computer processes, system state, and connections from running systems during incident response;
- Building, maintaining, and upgrading computer forensics hardware and software;
- Excellent working knowledge of EnCase, as well as open source alternatives;
- Experience with scripting in Perl/Python/Ruby;
- Experience with both desktop-based and server-based forensics;
- Experience with compromises involving web applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer networks and their vulnerabilities;
- Excellent working knowledge of layer-two networking issues;
- Excellent operating system knowledge in Windows-based and Unix-based systems;
- Demonstrable experience with a wide range of different attack tools;
- Application testing skills.
- Excellent German and English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Produces clearly written and concise research reports;
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Team player who works well under pressure;
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Working and learning from the best people in the cyber security industry in Belgium. We have two SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, etc) and all of our technical staff must acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc);
- Attractive learning budget. Most of our staff either follow a SANS training each year, or spent their budget on traveling to conferences like Blackhat/Defcon or RSA;
- Contribute to initiatives like the Cyber Security Challenge Belgium;
- An attractive and market-aligned reward package including company car and health insurance.