As a software Engineer in the Research & Development team, you will be full-time involved in NVISO Labs activities – the R&D leg of NVISO.
Projects you work on will be related to the development of new services and products, and on improving and optimizing our existing services. To ensure our research activities are relevant, market studies and research on competing products and services will be part of what you do, too.
Depending on your own interests, strengths and past experience, your tasks will be focused around a subset of the following activities:
- Design, write, test and document software for use in cutting-edge security products & tools developed in NVISO Labs.
- Perform market studies on existing security products & services (attend conferences and events, review publications, etc.)
- Perform research that can help shape the development roadmap of the products & tools developed in NVISO Labs (develop a prototype, running a Proof-of-Concept, etc.)
You have a strong interest in the field of IT security and believe the following to be applicable to you:
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience;
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Strong test and debugging skills;
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (git);
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Strong understanding of UNIX systems is a plus;
- Previous experience working in an R&D team is a plus;
- Positive, team and mission-oriented attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written; Dutch and / or French is a plus;
- Produces clearly written and concise research reports;
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings;
- Team player who works well under pressure;
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to obtain a BE/EU/NATO clearance.
Working with and learning from the best people in the cyber security industry in Belgium. We have two SANS Instructors working at NVISO, our staff has presented at popular hacking conferences (BlackHat, BruCON, etc) and all of our technical staff must acquire deep technical security certifications (GSE, GXPN, GREM, GCFA, OSCP, etc.);
- Your personal 5+5 learning budget (5.000 EUR and 5 days) every year. Most of our staff either follow a SANS training each year, or spend their budget on traveling to conferences like Blackhat/Defcon or RSA;
- Contribute to initiatives like the Cyber Security Challenge Belgium;
- An attractive and market-aligned reward package including company car and health insurance.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Send us your application (cover letter and curriculum vitae) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org!