SOC MANAGER – MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES
Are you already experienced in the world of security and would you like to further increase your responsibilities and grow your career? At NVISO you have the opportunity and we look forward to getting to know you! As a SOC Manager within our Managed Security Services (MSS) setup, you will be responsible for leading a team of SOC analysts based in Greece who work 24x7 to monitor and respond to security incidents. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center (SOC) and ensure that our clients' security postures are effectively managed. You will be responsible for managing and enhancing the capabilities of the SOC team, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services, and driving continuous improvement in our MSS offerings.
Who are we?
It all starts with the mission: NVISO is here to protect European society from potentially devastating cyber attacks! This means we offer cyber security services to private and governmental organizations to help them better prepare for, prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents.
All of this is built on four fundamental values that define who we are: We are Proud, We Break Barriers, We Care and No BS!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead and manage a team of SOC analysts based in Greece, working in a 24x7 environment
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center, including monitoring security events, investigating incidents, and responding to threats
- Develop and maintain operational procedures, playbooks, and runbooks for effective incident detection, response, and recovery
- Collaborate with clients to understand their security requirements, define security objectives, and align SOC services accordingly
- Ensure compliance with service level agreements (SLAs) and manage client expectations
- Continuously assess and enhance the effectiveness of SOC processes, tools, and technologies
- Provide guidance and mentorship to SOC analysts, promoting professional growth and fostering a high-performing team culture
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, address performance issues, and identify training needs
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and trends to drive proactive threat intelligence and detection capabilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including incident response, threat intelligence, and vulnerability management, to deliver comprehensive MSS offerings
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
Extensive experience in managing a Security Operations Center (SOC) within a Managed Security Services (MSS) environment
Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements
Proficiency in security incident management, including incident detection, response, and recovery
Familiarity with security technologies and tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and vulnerability scanners
Experience with security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, and SOC 2
Excellent leadership and people management skills, with a proven track record of managing and developing high-performing teams
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams
Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, 24x7 environment
Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or GIAC are highly desirable
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At NVISO, we care. We are committed to offering you a highly competitive remuneration package including financial and non-financial components:
· Fast-growing, international, entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either through internal innovation or by improving our service offering), without losing sight of having fun
· Regular team-building and fun events with legendary off-site events once a year. The location of the next team building is one of the most closely guarded secrets at NVISO… We can however disclose that we’ve visited Lisbon, Dubai and Malta over the past few years
· Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow; each employee receives a personal coach within the team, whose role is to ensure your well-being and helps you grow in your career
· A very attractive training budget, with great flexibility for choosing trainings adapted to your needs and interests
· Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
· Statutory leave plus 5 additional days of holidays
· Reimbursement of your homeoffice setup